In full awareness of its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen, the Marubeni Group will make every effort to simultaneously pursue both a prosperous society and global environmental conservation, while aiming to achieve a society with sustainable development .
- All business activities will be conducted in consideration of their possible impact on the environment. To this end, appropriate efforts will be made in cooperation with stakeholders to preserve the environment , prevent pollution,and reduce environmental risk, including making effective use of resources, working to stop climate change, and protecting biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Compliance with international and local applicable environmental guidelines, laws and regulations, and agreed requirements;
- Taking measures as necessary to reduce environmental impacts and prevent pollution, particularly in launching new projects and or changing our business activities.
- Facilitating resource and energy conservation, waste reduction, green procurement, and increasing operational efficiency for its office operations;
- Work to provide businesses, products, services, engineering, and social systems that conserve and improve the environment.
- In keeping with this Environmental Policy, Marubeni Chemix will be aware of the importance of enriching our Environmental Management System and complying with its requirements, and will make efforts for continuous improvement of its effectiveness, in order to improve the environmental performance, of the Marubeni Group as a whole.
- This Environmental Policy will be shared with all Marubeni Chemix’s officers and employees, employees of our business partners, and the public.
We have been certified for ISO14001 since 1998.
We comply with the Environmental Management System stipulated by Marubeni Group, and constantly take measures for environmental conservation.